Gribiche Sauce with Ox-eye Daisy Capers and Garlic Scapes
- Place the eggs in a pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil and cook for 7 minutes. Remove the eggs from the hot water and plunge in very cold water to stop the cooking.
- Peel the eggs and separate the yolks from the whites. Chop the egg whites and set aside in a bowl.
- Place the egg yolks in a separate bowl. Add the lemon juice, mustard, capers, garlic scapes and salted herb seasoning. Season with pepper. Slowly drizzle in 1/3 cup (75 ml) of the sunflower oil, whisking constantly. When the emulsion starts to resemble mayonnaise, drizzle in the remaining oil while whisking. Stir in the reserved egg whites. Adjust the seasoning.
Fresh Herb and Flower Salad
- In a bowl, combine the fresh herbs and flowers.
- In a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, cook the halibut in the olive oil on one side for 5 minutes or until crispy. Season with salt and pepper. Flip the fish over and cook to the desired doneness.
- Serve the halibut with the gribiche sauce and the herb and flower salad. Drizzle with the camelina oil.
You can replace camelina oil with olive oil.
This recipe was created by Café RICARDO chef, Isabelle Deschamps-Plante.