- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Place the flour in a shallow dish. Dredge the chicken in the flour, shaking off any excess.
- In a large ovenproof pot over high heat, brown the chicken in the oil. Set aside on a plate.
- In the same pot, brown the pork fat and mushrooms. Deglaze with the cognac and let reduce by half.
- Return the chicken to the pot. Add the pearl onions, bouquet garni, garlic, wine, broth and tomato paste. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove the lid and add the carrots. Cook, uncovered, 30 to 45 minutes or until the meat easily comes away from the bone.
- Delicious with pappardelle pasta with butter and parsley.
This recipe was created by Café RICARDO chef, Isabelle Deschamps-Plante.