- In a pot with a thick base, over medium heat, soften the onion in the oil. Add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil and simmer over low heat for 45 minutes or until thickened (add a little more beer or water as needed).
- Transfer to a bowl and let cool. Cover and refrigerate until completely chilled, about 2 hours.
Veal and Garnishes
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a non-stick skillet over high heat, brown the meat on both sides in the oil. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer the meat to a baking sheet. Roast in the oven for 5 minutes for rare or until the desired doneness. Set aside.
- In another non-stick skillet over medium heat, without adding any oil, grill the cheese for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until heated through.
- Serve the veal over the celeriac purée. Top with the grilled cheese and serve with the apple chutney. Garnish with the pecans.
This recipe was created by Café RICARDO chef, Isabelle Deschamps-Plante.