- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) coconut oil or vegetable oil
- 1 zucchini, cut into rounds
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) red curry paste
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) tomato paste
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 tsp green peppercorns in brine, drained
- 1 can (14 oz/398 ml) coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 lb (675 g) shrimp (31-40), deveined and shelled
- 1 cup (150 g) pineapple, peeled and cut into large cubes
- 1 lime, juice only
- Cilantro leaves
- Thai basil leaves
- In a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, brown the onion in the oil. Add the zucchini, garlic, curry paste, tomato paste, garam masala, ginger and green peppercorns. Cook for 5 minutes while stirring.
- Add the coconut milk and salt. Simmer over low heat for 10 minutes. Add the shrimp and pineapple. Bring to a boil and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Serve in bowls. Drizzle with the lime juice and sprinkle with cilantro and basil leaves.
This recipe was created by Café RICARDO chef, Isabelle Deschamps-Plante.