- In a coffee grinder or small food processor, chop the dried mushrooms to a fine powder. Add the chicken broth. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the ricotta with the chives and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown the cremini mushrooms and shallots in 2 tbsp (30 ml) of the oil for 5 minutes. Add the lentils and broth mixture. Bring to a boil and let reduce until almost dry. Add the vinegar. Adjust the seasoning.
- In a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, heat the remaining oil. Carefully crack the eggs into the skillet and cook on one side only for 2 to 3 minutes or until the whites are cooked and the edges lightly browned. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the ricotta mixture over the bread slices. Top with the mushroom mixture and an egg. Serve with a green salad, if desired.