- In a pot, bring the broth to a boil. Add the saffron and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, finely chop the carrots, onion and garlic.
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, soften the vegetables in the butter. Add the rice and cook for 1 minute, stirring to coat in the butter. Add the wine and let reduce until almost dry.
- Over medium heat, add the broth, about 250 ml (1 cup) at a time, stirring frequently until the liquid is completely absorbed before adding more broth. Season with salt and pepper. Cook 18 to 22 minutes or until the rice is al dente. Add more broth as needed.
- Off the heat, add the Parmesan and stir until creamy. Adjust the seasoning.
- In a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, soften the carrots in half of the butter. Add the lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside on a plate.
- In the same skillet over medium heat, cook the shrimp in the remaining butter without letting them brown. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the risotto among four bowls. Garnish with the carrots with lemon and the shrimp.
If you do not have saffron, simply omit it from the recipe.