Carrot and Olive Couscous
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 1 cup (110 g) carrots, grated
- 2 cups (500 ml) chicken broth
- 2 cups (400 g) couscous
- 1/4 cup (50 g) black olives, pitted and quartered
- In a pot over medium-high heat, soften the shallots and garlic in the oil. Add the carrots and cook for 2 minutes while stirring.
- Add the broth and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and add the couscous. Cover and let sit for 5 minutes. Fluff the grains with a fork. Stir in the olives. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with the spiced lamb shanks in carrot juice (see recipe).