- In a small food processor, purée the avocado, mayonnaise and lime juice until smooth. Add 1 tbsp (15 ml) water to thin out the sauce, if necessary. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a small food processor, coarsely chop the peas and edamame.
- Lay out 4 tortillas on a work surface. Divide the pea mixture among the tortillas. Top with the onion, seitan and cheese. Add the jalapeno, if desired. Top with the remaining tortillas.
- In a non-stick skillet lightly brushed with oil, over medium heat, brown one quesadilla at a time for 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until the cheese has melted.
- Cut into wedges and serve with the avocado sauce. Serve with a green salad, if desired.
Opt for unsmoked seitan to compliment the flavours of the green peas and edamame.