Fried Chicken Burgers
- ¼ cup (60 ml) sour cream
- ¼ cup (60 ml) mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp celery, cut into small dice
- 1 tbsp dill, finely chopped
- 2 tsp (10 ml) dill pickle juice
- 1 tsp (5 ml) hot sauce (Frank’s RedHot style), or more to taste
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 pieces crispy beer-battered fried chicken, warm (see recipe)
- Dill pickle slices, to taste
- Iceberg lettuce, thinly sliced, to taste
- In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Toast the hamburger buns. Cover the inside of the buns with the sauce. Top the bun bottoms with the chicken, pickles and lettuce. Close with the bun tops.
To reheat the chicken, preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Place the chicken pieces on a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat or parchment paper and reheat in the oven for 10 minutes or until crispy.