Grilled Salmon with Honey and Cilantro
- 1 salmon fillet, about 1 1/2 lb (675 g), with or without the skin
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) honey
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) soy sauce
- 1 tsp peppercorns, crushed
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup (11 g) chopped cilantro
- Cut the salmon into 4 steaks. In a bowl, combine
the honey and soy sauce.
- Place the fish on a plate and brush with half of the honey mixture. Sprinkle with the pepper. Refrigerate
for 1 hour.
- Add the lime juice to the remaining honey mixture. Set aside.
- Preheat the grill, setting the burners to high. Oil
- Reduce the heat to medium. Place the salmon on the
grate, skin side down, and cook for about 4 minutes on
each side, or until the centre remains slightly translucent.
- Drizzle the fish with the honey and lime mixture. Garnish with the cilantro. Serve with rice or vegetables.