- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 170°C (325°F).
- In an ovenproof Dutch oven over medium-high heat, brown the meat on all sides in the oil. Season with pepper. Set aside on a plate.
- Brown the onion in the same Dutch oven over medium heat, adding oil if necessary. Add the spices and continue cooking for about 1 minute. Return the meat to the Dutch oven and add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Cover and transfer to the oven until the meat is fork tender, about 2 1/2 hours.
- Boil the noodles in salted water until al dente. Drain and oil lightly. Set aside.
- In a skillet over medium heat, stir-fry the peas in the oil until crisp tender. Season with salt and pepper. Add the garlic and stir-fry for 1 minute more. Add the noodles and continue cooking until heated through. Adjust the seasoning.
- Divide the noodles among 4 bowls. Top each serving with a piece of meat. Spoon some of the cooking juices over each serving. Garnish with cashews and cilantro.