- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 325°F (170°C).
- In an ovenproof pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat, brown the meat on all sides in the oil. Season with pepper. Set aside on a plate.
- In the same pot over medium heat, brown the onion, adding oil if necessary. Add the spices and continue cooking for about 1 minute. Return the meat to the pot and add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Cover, transfer to the oven and cook for 2 ½ hours or until the meat is fork tender.
- In a pot of salted boiling water, cook the noodles until al dente. Drain and oil lightly. Set aside.
- In a skillet over medium heat, stir-fry the peas in the oil until al dente. Season with salt and pepper. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute more. Add the noodles and continue cooking until heated through. Adjust the seasoning.
- Divide the noodles among bowls. Top with the beef and drizzle with the cooking juices. Garnish with cashews and cilantro.