- In a small pot, bring the broth, raisins, harissa and couscous seasoning to a boil. Remove from the heat and stir in the couscous. Cover and let rest for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and transfer to a large bowl. Cover and set aside.
Vegetables and Merguez Sausage
- Preheat the grill, setting the burners to high.
- In the centre of a large sheet of aluminum foil, place the vegetables, broth and couscous seasoning. Season with salt and pepper. Close and tightly seal the papillote.
- Place the papillote on the grill, close the lid and cook for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Meanwhile, grill the sausages for about 5 minutes, turning them several times, or until cooked through.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients. Season with salt and pepper.
- Open the papillote. Add the vegetables and their cooking juices to the couscous and combine. Add the garnish and serve with the sausages.
Couscous seasoning, or ras-el-hanout, is a spice mix that usually contains coriander, cumin, black pepper, cardamom, cinnamon, turmeric, nutmeg, ginger, clove and cayenne pepper.