- In a shallow dish, coat the salmon with the sesame seeds.
- In a non-stick skillet over high heat, sear the salmon in the oil for 2 minutes on each side or until the salmon is cooked rare. Season with salt and pepper. Drain on paper towels and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients.
- In another bowl, combine the cabbage, edamame and 1/4 cup (60 ml) of the spicy mayonnaise. Toss to coat and adjust the seasoning.
- Divide the rice among bowls and top with the cabbage mixture, cucumbers, avocado and salmon. Drizzle with the remaining spicy mayonnaise. Sprinkle with the nori, if desired, and serve with lime wedges.
For 4 cups of cooked sushi rice, cook 1 1/2 cups of raw Calrose rice. While still hot, season with a mixture of 3 tbsp (45 ml) of rice vinegar and 1 tbsp of sugar, if desired.