- In a bowl, which the cornstarch into the coconut milk.
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, soften the ginger and garlic with the curry powder and sambal oelek in the oil. Add the coconut milk mixture and broth. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the lime juice. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a food processor, finely chop the spinach and green onions, Add the tofu and pulse until it is the size of green peas. Add the remaining ingredients, except for the oil, and process for a few seconds until smooth.
- With lightly oiled hands, shape the mixture into patties using 2 tbsp (30 ml) of mixture for each patty.
- In a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, fry the patties in the oil until they are golden brown, about 3 minutes on each side. Pour the sauce over the patties and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Serve the patties and sauce with basmati rice and green vegetables, if desired.