- 4 to 6
Herbed Rice with Pan-Fried Trout
- 3 cups (750 ml) chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups (345 g) basmati rice
- 1/2 tsp saffron threads
- 6 tbsp (85 g) cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup (45 g) mix of parsley, cilantro and dill, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 lb (675 g) trout fillet, with skin, cut into portions
- 2 tbsp unbleached all-purpose flour
- In a large non-stick skillet, bring the chicken broth to a boil with the rice and saffron. Season with salt and pepper. Lower the heat, cover and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Carefully add 1/4 cup (55 g) of the butter and the herbs. Cover and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, dredge the fish fillet in the flour and shake to remove any excess. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a non-stick skillet over high heat, melt the remaining butter. Brown the fish for 3 minutes or until fully cooked, turning halfway through cooking.
- Serve the herbed rice with pan-fried trout alongside Persian herb frittata (see recipe), if desired.