- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In an ovenproof skillet over high heat, brown the pork roast on all sides in 1 tbsp (15 ml) of the oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to the oven and roast for 45 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in the centre of the roast reads 135°F (57°C). Set the roast aside on a plate, tent with foil and let rest for 10 minutes. The internal temperature of the roast should reach 145°F (63°C).
- Meanwhile, in a small pot over medium-high heat, brown the shallots in the remaining oil. Add the ginger and cook for 1 minute while stirring. Remove from the heat. Add the lemon juice, maple syrup and salt. Set aside 2 tbsp (30 ml) of the marinade to flavour the mayonnaise, if desired.
- In a sealable bag, coat the roast in the marinade. Seal the bag and refrigerate for 24 to 48 hours.
- In a bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise and mustard, adding the reserved pork roast marinade, if desired.
- On a plate, combine the chives and parsley. Drain the roast from the marinade and coat in the herbs. On a work surface, thinly slice the roast. Serve with the mayonnaise and the Cranberry, Apricot and Pear Chutney (see recipe), if desired.
The roast can be cooked and marinated up to two days in advance, and sliced just before serving.