- With the rack in the highest position, preheat the oven’s broiler. Line two baking sheets with aluminum foil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss the bread with the milk and let soak for 5 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well with your hands. Season with salt and pepper.
- With a small ice cream scoop or with lightly oiled hands, shape each meatball with about 15 ml (1 tablespoon) of the meat mixture. Place on the baking sheet.
- Grill the meatballs in the oven, one sheet at a time, for about 10 minutes or until cooked and golden brown, stirring halfway through cooking.
- Place the cooked meatballs on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Cover and freeze for about 4 hours or until the meatballs are frozen. Place the meatballs in sealable freezer plastic bags.
- Use the necessary amount needed in the four following recipes: Meatball Hors d’oeuvres, Meatball and Spaghetti Squash Soup, Meatball and Onion Subs, and Tomato Sauce with Meatballs.