- 2 1/2 cups (625 ml)
- 1 cup (227 g) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 ¾ cups (370 g) icing sugar
- ¼ cup (60 ml) 35% heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup (60 ml) boiling water
- In a bowl, beat the butter, icing sugar, cream and vanilla with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Add 1 tbsp of the boiling water at a time, beating, for 30 seconds between each addition.
- If needed, keep in the refrigerator. Let warm to room temperature and whip again before serving or to frost a cake.
- The vanilla frosting will keep for up to 2 days at room temperature.